Aspen hires for cultural fit. Honesty, integrity, intelligence, positive attitude, solid values, work-life balance, an active lifestyle, a good sense of humour, and accountability, accomplished through a spirit of teamwork and high standards of professional and ethical conduct, are key qualities and characteristics that are sought in its employees.
Aspen believes in promoting employees from within, based on their superior personal leadership abilities, inter-personal skills, intelligence, qualifications, knowledge and past performance.
Aspen believes that referrals are an important source of new employees to the company. In recognition and appreciation of successful referrals Aspen provides the referring employee with a $1,000 gift certificate.
Compensation and Benefits
Compensation and benefits are integral to attracting and retaining the “A” team. Highlights include:
- A history of above market salaries and bonuses
- 100% employer sponsored group benefits plan (medical, dental, vision, insurance, disability and employee family assistance plan)
- Group Retirement Savings Plan with employer matching of contributions
- Fitness Activity Credits
- Educational re-imbursement program
- Employee referral program
- Above average vacation entitlement
- Charitable contributions matching program
- Professional development and memberships
- Long term incentive plan for senior executives
- Annual team and management retreats
- Healthy Friday breakfasts
- Active social committee
Employee recognition is an important aspect of Aspen’s culture. Examples include the following:
- Annual Charles Berard Award for professionalism and leadership
- Annual peer nominated Employee Recognition Awards for best exemplifying core values
- “Acts of Kindness” Awards resulting in gift cards and extra vacation
- “On the Spot” and “Team Choice” Awards for exemplary behaviour