Upper Class Ambassador | 8 Month Volunteer | Calgary, AB
Competition Number: UCA/Cal
The Upper Class Education Program provides field trip choices for Kindergarten to Grade 6 students. There are full and half day programs that focus on collaborative learning to give students a whole new perspective on Calgary’s architecture, history, and geography. Students will learn about the Calgary Tower through a PowerPoint presentation, the new Theatre Room and complete two main components: a hands-on activity and a technology-based activity.
As the Upper Class Ambassador you will be assisting the Education Coordinator in running the program. This involves setting up for the day and tearing down. You will be hands on with the students as you work with them facilitating the Observation Deck Tour and the technology-based activity.
This position is supervised by Calgary Tower Education Coordinator & Calgary Tower Management Team. Minimum required hours will be one 4-5 hour shift per week, Monday to Friday, 9:30a.m. to 2:30p.m.
- Assist with the set up of activities
- Assist with the distribution and organization of supplies
- Greet students and assist with the group getting up the elevator and into the classroom
- Set up and charge iPads
- Facilitate the Observation Deck Tour
- Hand out iPads to students
- As students work on the iPads, be available to answer questions or concerns
- Provide visitors with information about the Calgary Tower and city
- Assist with audio guides (ensure visitors know how to use the guides, collect unused guides on the Observation Deck)
- Teaching experience
- Customer service skills
- Effective communication skills
- Attend training session prior to first volunteer day
- Comfortability with technology considered an asset
- Successful City of Calgary Police Information with Vulnerable Sector Check and Criminal Record Check
At Aspen our Vision is to remain a highly respected boutique real estate company and employer of choice. We will continuously earn exceptional returns by adding value through ownership, management and development opportunities.
Through our Purpose, Aspen Properties is passionate about creating value for our team and community and we pride ourselves on our Core Values; Respect, Leadership, Integrity, Service Excellence and Teamwork.
We are pleased to announce that we have an opening for a team and service oriented individual to fill a volunteer role in Calgary, Alberta.
This is a fantastic opportunity and if you or someone you know are a match for the qualifications above, please have them submit their resumes to the Human Resources Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This position was posted on September 4, 2018 and will remain open until a suitable candidate is selected. Thank you for your interest in Aspen. Please note only those selected for an interview will be contacted.