Systems Administrator | Calgary
Competition Number: SA/Cal
Reporting to the Vice President, Financial Reporting & Corporate Services, the Systems Administrator role is to ensure the streamlined operation of the IT function in alignment with the business objectives of the organization. This individual will plan, coordinate, direct, and design IT-related activities of the organization, as well as provide administrative direction and support for daily operational activities of the IT function to ensure that it provides superior service to its employees. This role assists in identifying, recommending, developing, implementing, and supporting cost-effective technology solutions for all aspects of the organization. This person will also research and implement corporate IT policies, procedures, and best practices of the IT function including purchasing, budgeting, and annual budget review.
- Execute operational planning, including innovation, planning projects, organizing and negotiating the allocation of resources, and coordination of IT with the overall strategic plan of the business
- Execute (and participate in, as necessary) the deployment, monitoring, maintenance, development, upgrade, and support of all IT systems, including servers, PCs, operating systems, hardware, software, and peripherals
- Respond to help desk issues
- Oversee server troubleshooting, systems backups, data archiving, and disaster recovery
- Monitor and administer corporate anti-virus, anti-spyware and anti-spam solutions
- Negotiate and administer vendor, outsourcing, consultant contracts and service agreements
- Manage IT hardware, software, and equipment assets
- Develop and implement all IT policies and procedures (architecture, security, disaster recovery, standards, purchasing, and service provision) to ensure lawful applicability
- Provide regular communications to the executives, other managers, and end users regarding pertinent IT activities
- Maintain security by keeping information confidential, and developing, maintaining and implementing appropriate corporate information security policies & procedures
- Monitor and report on network, email and internet activity
- Develop and enhance system administration processes, procedures and tools for all data systems
- Manage and coordinate upgrades and changes to corporate telephone system such as user moves and new handset set-up
- Set up and maintain mobile communication devices such as but not limited to Blackberry, iPhone, iPad
- Website updates and maintenance
- Other projects as assigned
- Four+ years of work experience in a Systems Administrator role
- Post-secondary education program in computer science or related field is required
- Excellent time management and project management skills
- Documentation experience required
- Excellent incident management, communication, & interpersonal skills
- Experience managing desktops & servers across multiple sites through a variety of means
- Knowledge of Windows Server 2008-2012 R2 and various roles including Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, File & Print Services, & IIS
- VMWare management experience
- Exchange management
- Multi-site Active Directory experience including GPO & GPP creation for a corporate environment
- In depth understanding of TCP/IP networking, switching and routing
- MDM experience
- Excellent Microsoft Office product knowledge
- VOIP phone experience including Skype for Business and Polycom products
At Aspen our Vision is to remain a highly respected boutique real estate company and employer of choice. We will continuously earn exceptional returns by adding value through ownership, management and development opportunities.
Through our Purpose, Aspen Properties is passionate about creating value for our team and community and we pride ourselves on our Core Values; Respect, Leadership, Integrity, Service Excellence and Teamwork.
We offer a dynamic opportunity with an excellent compensation and benefits program. We are a fun and professional environment that promotes and rewards learning, development and success!
We are pleased to announce that we have an immediate opening for a team and service oriented individual to fill a Systems Administrator position in Calgary.
This is a fantastic opportunity and if you or someone you know are a match for the qualifications above, please have them submit their resumes to the Human Resources Manager at email@example.com.
You’ll find a full listing and description for this and other Aspen positions currently available at http://aspenproperties.ca/careers/postings/.
This position was posted on August 10, 2017 and will remain open until a suitable candidate is selected. Thank you for your interest in Aspen. Please note only those selected for an interview will be contacted.