Property Manager | Edmonton, AB
Competition Number: PM/Edm
The Property Manager reports directly to the Vice President, Property Management & Operations, and is responsible for overseeing the day to day property management of Bell Tower and MNP Tower. The Property Manager will work closely with the Vice President, Property Management & Operations and all other internal departments to oversee the administration, maintenance, operations and improvement of the Edmonton commercial property portfolio while representing the interests of the property owners.
- Develop and maintain superior tenant-owner relations by responding in person when necessary or by phone/email to tenant concerns and requests for property management services
- Clarify any issues, identify solutions, communicate needs to staff and provide follow up as necessary
- Manage staff by providing leadership, direction and coaching to employees and other internal staff to ensure efficient delivery of services and maintenance of the property
- Ensure that properties are properly maintained and conduct daily physical property inspections, communicate priorities and provide guidance as necessary
- Handle any tenant and owner concerns such as parking, HVAC, maintenance, security, insurance, rent payments and enforcement of rules, regulations and by-laws
- Responsible for overall tenant services programs to ensure tenant satisfaction and makes recommendations for enhancements or changes to existing processes and programs
- Coordination of tenant move ins/move outs including coordination of light construction projects
- Develop and manage property operating budgets and 5 year capital plans for assets within this portfolio
- Closely monitor expenses to budget and report on variances
- Manage budgeted expenses and capital projects
- Creation and ownership of quarterly and monthly property management reports for each building
- Implement, maintain and perpetuate the policies and procedures of Aspen
- Ensure any property work has been completed and approve purchase orders and invoices as required
- Negotiate and maintain property management contracts such as janitorial
- Propose and discuss possible renovations or improvements with property owners and in some cases tenants
- Obtain quotes or bids from contractors for repairs, renovations and maintenance
- Available for after-hours emergencies as point person on escalated calls
- Maintain positive and professional relationships by participating in real estate organizations such as Building Owners Management Association (BOMA)
- Partner and collaborate using a team approach with internal departments including; Leasing, Security, Accounting, Maintenance / Operations and Project Management
- Maintain a positive, collaborative and communicative working environment with tenants, internal team members and management
- Special tenant events and other projects and duties as assigned
- 4 + years’ experience in a Property Manager role
- Completion of a post-secondary education program is required
- Certified Property Manager (CPM®), Real Property Administrator (RPA) designation or other relevant certification in real estate is required
- Previous proven people management experience is required
- Strong property management process and procedures background
- Experience with multi-tenant portfolios is an asset
- Independent, self-starter and a committed team player
- Superior organization, time management and delegation skills
- Superior customer service and relationship building skills
- Strong problem solving and negotiating skills
- Superior communication skills both verbal and written, including advanced listening skills
- An ability to work effectively with a wide variety of people including owners, employees, tenants and contractors
- Diplomacy, patience and flexibility
- Successful City of Edmonton Police Information/Criminal Record Check and Education Check
Successful completion of the Government of Canada security clearance process, including a 10 year background check
At Aspen our Vision is to remain a highly respected boutique real estate company and employer of choice. We will continuously earn exceptional returns by adding value through ownership, management and development opportunities.
Through our Purpose, Aspen Properties is passionate about creating value for our team and community and we pride ourselves on our Core Values; Respect, Leadership, Integrity, Service Excellence and Teamwork.
We offer a dynamic opportunity with an excellent compensation and benefits program. We are a fun and professional environment that promotes and rewards learning, development and success!
We are pleased to announce that we have an opening for a team and service oriented individual to fill a Property Manager role in Edmonton, Alberta.
This is a fantastic opportunity and if you or someone you know are a match for the qualifications above, please have them submit their resumes to the Human Resources Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This position was posted on August 28, 2018 and will remain open until a suitable candidate is selected. Thank you for your interest in Aspen. Please note only those selected for an interview will be contacted.