Property Administrator | Edmonton, AB
Competition Number: PA/Edm
At Aspen our Vision is to remain a highly respected boutique real estate company and employer of choice. We will continue to generate exceptional occupancy levels in our portfolio by adding value through ownership, management and redevelopment opportunities.
Through our Purpose, Aspen Properties is passionate about creating value for our team and community. We pride ourselves on our Core Values; Respect, Leadership, Integrity, Service Excellence and Teamwork. Through the Core Values, our employees are committed to a culture of respect, honesty, open communication and accountability with high standards of professional and ethical conduct.
We offer an engaging work environment with an excellent compensation and benefits program. Recognized as a leader in innovative management solutions for our assets, Aspen is always looking for talented people to join our high performance team.
There is a fantastic opportunity in our Edmonton operation. We have an immediate opening for a team and service oriented individual to fill a Property Administrator role.
If you, or someone you know, are a match for the qualifications below please submit resumes to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You’ll find a full listing and description for this and other Aspen positions currently available at www.aspenproperties.ca.
Thank you for your interest in the Aspen team.
The Property Administrator is responsible for providing property administration support to the Edmonton team with the day-to-day operations of Bell Tower, the Bell Annex and MNP Tower.
Regular work hours are Monday to Friday 8:00am to 4:30pm. The Property Administrator will report directly to the Property Manager.
- Respond to day-to-day needs of tenants and owners
- Assemble monthly management reports for the Edmonton portfolio
- Issue, maintain and track purchase orders as required
- Track and calculate percentage rent for retail tenants
- Track and coordinate all tenant charge backs with accounting
- Track tenant utility consumption and coordinate quarterly and annual utility reconciliations
- Assist with updating and distributing emergency procedures handbook
- Assist with updating tenant contact information
- Distribute Welcome Packages and Move Out Packages
- Prepare temporary license agreements (e.g. promotional events)
- Maintain current tenant insurance certificates
- Maintain bicycle cage license agreements
- Assist with the arrangement and coordination of special projects (e.g. tenant appreciation events, charitable drives, Festive gifts, etc.)
- Maintain petty cash flow monthly, including expense reports
- Provide cleaning vacancy reporting to janitorial contractor on a monthly basis
- Assist leasing in the set-up of all vacant spaces including banners and other marketing materials
- Coordinate all tenant and building signage with the assistance of the Property Manager
- Assist with the annual budget preparation, including data entry into Yardi
- Assist accounting with all outstanding receivables for the portfolio
- Distribute all upcoming rent step-up notices and changes in monthly rental charges
- Prepare and distribute correspondence for the Property Manager
- Provide support and back-up to Reception/Administrative Assistant on a daily basis
- Provide support and back-up for conference centre and gym facilities.
- Participates in community involvement projects
- Other duties as assigned by Property Manager
- 2 + years solid administrative experience
- Real estate experience is an asset
- Completion of a post-secondary program is a requirement
- Solid proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Basic IT troubleshooting an asset
- Demonstrated organizational skills, ability to meet deadlines, and attention to detail in high volume environments
- Strong team player with superior customer service skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and team-oriented environment
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally, verbally and in writing
- Successful City of Edmonton Police Information/Criminal Record Check and Education Check
This position was posted on May 13, 2019 and will remain open until a suitable candidate is selected.
Thank you for your interest in Aspen. Please note only those selected for an interview will be contacted.