Payroll Administrator | Calgary
Competition Number: Pay/Ca
At Aspen our Vision is to remain a highly respected boutique real estate company and employer of choice. We will continue to generate exceptional occupancy levels in our portfolio by adding value through ownership, management and redevelopment opportunities.
Through our Purpose, Aspen Properties is passionate about creating value for our team and community. We pride ourselves on our Core Values; Respect, Leadership, Integrity, Service Excellence and Teamwork. Through the Core Values, our employees are committed to a culture of respect, honesty, open communication and accountability with high standards of professional and ethical conduct.
We offer an engaging work environment with an excellent compensation and benefits program. Recognized as a leader in innovative management solutions for our assets, Aspen is always looking for talented people to join our high performance team.
We have an immediate opening for a team and service oriented individual to fill a Payroll Administrator role in our head office, Calgary.
If you, or someone you know, are a match for the qualifications below please submit resumes to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You’ll find a full listing and description for this and other Aspen positions currently available at www.aspenproperties.ca.
Thank you for your interest in the Aspen team.
This position reports to the Human Resources & Payroll Manager and is responsible for the day-to-day payroll and benefit administration for Aspen Property Management Ltd. and Calgary Tower Facilities Ltd.
Hours of work required for this position are Monday to Friday 8:30a.m. - 5:00p.m.
- Accountable for the entire payroll cycle including salaried and hourly employees
- Receive and prepare semi-monthly payroll data for entry into Ceridian system
- Verify each payroll for accuracy prior to review and deposit date
- Administration of new hires, onboarding, terminations, and all payroll changes
- Group benefit and retirement savings program enrollments, administration, and reconciliation of statements and taxable benefits
- Ensure payroll activity is supported with authorized file documentation
- Maintain payroll filing in a timely manner
- Ensure accurate remittance of all statutory deductions and garnishees
- Issue Records of Employment as required
- Prepare T4s
- Assist with preparation of annual salary budgets
- Assist with vacation and sick leave administration
- Answer and assist employees with payroll and benefit questions
- Prepare, organize and update detailed Excel spreadsheets as they relate to payroll
- Prepare salary allocation worksheets including invoicing of salary costs to various entities
- Calculate and invoice property management services
- Prepare accounting journal entries and payroll account reconciliations as required
- Liaise between staff and all benefit carriers
- Administration and facilitation of disability, life insurance and WCB claims
- Prepare year end files for audit purposes and liaise with auditors in respect to queries
- Develop and run queries and reports from Ceridian payroll system for various analysis
- Ensure payroll and benefit compliance and remain current on any changes to legislation
- Employee policy handbook updates as required
- Prepare correspondence including offer letters, emails and memos
- Assist in new employee on-boarding administration and orientation
- Assist with other HR duties as required
- Special projects as assigned
- Minimum of 5-7 years payroll experience including full cycle salaried and hourly payroll processing and administration for over 110 employees
- Entry level accounting experience required
- Completion of a post-secondary education program is required
- Completion of a Payroll Compliance Practitioner (PCP) designation
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of large payroll processing software, Ceridian Insync preferred
- Knowledge of standard payroll procedures and reporting
- Knowledge of Alberta Employment Standards legislation
- Knowledge and experience with Yardi accounting software an asset
- Knowledge and experience with BambooHR software an asset
- Hands on experience with health and benefit insurance providers Successful Criminal Record Check and Education Verification Check
- Professional, approachable, and customer service oriented Strong, effective and professional written and verbal communication skills
- Must maintain complete confidentiality of all payroll and human resources information
- Superior attention to accuracy and detail
- Ability to work cohesively in a team focused work environment and develop and sustain cooperative working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to handle multiple demands with competing priorities, work under pressure and manage tight deadlines
- Excellent planning, organizational, analytical and problem solving skills
- Honesty and integrity combined with a high level of professionalism, initiative and dedication
This position was posted on June 4, 2019 and will remain open until a suitable candidate is selected.
Thank you for your interest in Aspen. Please note only those selected for an interview will be contacted.