Operations Supervisor | Edmonton, AB
Competition Number: OS | Edm
At Aspen our Vision is to remain a highly respected boutique real estate company and employer of choice. We will continue to generate exceptional occupancy levels in our portfolio by adding value through ownership, management and redevelopment opportunities.
Through our Purpose, Aspen Properties is passionate about creating value for our team and community. We pride ourselves on our Core Values; Respect, Leadership, Integrity, Service Excellence and Teamwork. Through the Core Values, our employees are committed to a culture of respect, honesty, open communication and accountability with high standards of professional and ethical conduct.
We offer an engaging work environment with an excellent compensation and benefits program. Recognized as a leader in innovative management solutions for our assets, Aspen is always looking for talented people to join our high performance team.
There is a fantastic opportunity in our Edmonton operation. We have an immediate opening for a team and service oriented individual to fill an Operations Supervisor role.
If you, or someone you know, are a match for the qualifications below please submit resumes to Human Resources at email@example.com.
You’ll find a full listing and description for this and other Aspen positions currently available at www.aspenproperties.ca.
Thank you for your interest in the Aspen team.
This position reports to the Operations Manager, and is responsible for all base building system operations, and supervision of building operations staff within MNP Tower and Bell Tower. This position will work closely with the entire operations team to ensure a consistent level of service throughout the Edmonton portfolio.
Regular work hours are Monday to Friday 8:00am to 4:30pm.
- Manage mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems in each property
- Manage, mentor and administer the operations staff (performance, on-call schedules, safety programs, etc.)
- Supervise mechanical, electrical and any other contractors on site
- Assist in the preparation of specifications and tendering documents, as well as review of any construction plans affecting base building systems
- Assist with construction and tenant renovation projects as required
- Coordinate with operations staff, to ensure all equipment preventative maintenance is scheduled and completed
- Assists the Operations Manager with recommendations, ensures quality control and performs inspections.
- Ensure tenant service calls are looked after quickly and efficiently
- Promote owner/tenant goodwill by checking requisitions and work orders to ensure corrective action has been taken
- In conjunction with the Building Operators, monitor and maintain all building tools and equipment
- Set timelines to ensure all building projects are completed on time
- Assist in the preparation of budgets and management thereof
- Track and analyze electrical, fuel, water consumption, and utility costs, and implement consumption saving initiatives at each property
- Ensures all building equipment is operating efficiently including setting up system trend logs to be regularly reviewed to ensure effective operation of all equipment
- Understand thoroughly all life safety equipment operations and procedures and in conjunction with the Operations Manager, ensure that is fully maintained and operational within legislative requirements
- Experienced in working with Direct Digital and Pneumatic Control systems
- Support the operations team regarding trouble and problem investigations and solutions
- Assist with projects related to investigating the efficiencies of building equipment, HVAC and electrical systems and their operating parameters
- Conduct capital project feasibility studies related to the base building infrastructure of each property
- Work with Operations Manager, to plan and manage capital projects
- Potential on-call requirement
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum of a 4th Class Power Engineering ABSA Certification
- 10+ years experience operating large commercial office buildings
- Minimum of 2 years staff management / supervisory experience
- Strong leadership and managerial skills along with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- High level of Building Automated Control System knowledge
- Above average Microsoft Office Suite and administrative skills
- Knowledge of local codes and regulations
- Proficiency in budgeting process, procedures, and variance reporting
- An organized self-starter with excellent time-management skills
- Ability to work under pressure, dealing with multiple issues and deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills with employees, tenants, senior management and ability to deal with the public
- Successful City of Edmonton Police Information/Criminal Record Check and Education Check
This position was posted on April 2, 2019 and will remain open until a suitable candidate is selected.
Thank you for your interest in Aspen. Please note only those selected for an interview will be contacted.