Operations Manager | Edmonton
Competition Number: Ops/Ed
At Aspen our Vision is to remain a highly respected boutique real estate company and employer of choice. We will continue to earn exceptional returns by adding value through ownership, management and development opportunities.
Through our Purpose, Aspen Properties is passionate about creating value for our team and community. We pride ourselves on our Core Values; Respect, Leadership, Integrity, Service Excellence and Teamwork. Through the core values, our employees are committed to a culture of honesty, open communication and accountability with high standards of professional and ethical conduct.
We offer a dynamic opportunity, with an excellent compensation and benefits program. We are a fun and professional environment that promotes and rewards learning, development and success.
We are pleased to announce we have an immediate opening for a team and service oriented individual to fill an Operations Manager role based in Edmonton.
This is a fantastic opportunity and if you, or someone you know, are a match for the qualifications below please submit resumes to Human Resources at email@example.com.
You’ll find a full listing and description for this and other Aspen positions currently available at www.aspenproperties.ca.
Thank you for your interest in the Aspen team.
This position reports to the Property Manager and will work closely with the entire operations team to ensure a consistent level of service throughout the Edmonton portfolio.
- Overall responsibility for mechanical, electrical, plumbing and life safety systems
- Mentor, coach and support the management of all operations staff members
- Conduct regular operations meetings with operations staff
- Oversee creation of daily/weekly/monthly duty schedules for operations staff
- Ensure that all existing maintenance and/or service contracts are enforced and contractors are adequately supervised
- Conduct regular inspections of all phases of the Edmonton portfolio’s building operations
- Prepare specifications and review tender documents for operations specific projects
- Project management of operational upgrade projects, and other projects as assigned
- Integral part of approval process for all mechanical and electrical design plans
- Oversee scheduled preventative maintenance program and processes to prolong equipment life and minimize service interruptions
- Manage and maintain operations emergency preparedness response plans
- Manage hazardous material management plans
- Monitor risk management and environmental issues and report accordingly
- Integral member of the company’s Health and Safety program, including attendance of Health and Safety Committee meetings
- Ensure tenant service calls are completed, closed quickly and efficiently, and maintain dispatching rules with tenant service center
- Review and provide feedback on tenant design plans related to their integration into key building systems
- Foster and maintain relationships with tenants and service providers
- Promote owner/tenant goodwill by checking requisitions and work orders to ensure corrective action has been taken
- Assist in the creation of, and have a working knowledge of, the operations budget; ensuring that expenditures are within budget guidelines and to maximize full value of dollars spent
- Assess and provide long-term life cycle plans for capital expenditures and required upgrades to the Edmonton portfolio including but not limited to building envelope, mechanical, electrical and life safety systems
- Assist with the development and maintenance of building manuals, health and safety handbook, and fire and life safety plans
- Ensure purchase orders, construction agreements, etc. are completed according to company procedures
- Ensure all Building Automation Systems (BAS) are programmed for tenant comfort, energy efficiency and equipment safety
- Analyze utility consumptions for anomalies, saving opportunities, and manage sub metering systems for accounting purposes
- Maintain a positive, collaborative and communicative working environment with tenants, internal team members and management
- Ensure that all operations staff conduct themselves in alignment with company values
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge & Experience:
- Hot Water Boiler systems, chillers, cooling towers, refrigeration, pumps, fans, motors, elevators, air conditioning controls, emergency generators, pneumatic and digital control systems, roof top HVAC equipment and unit heaters
- High and low voltage systems, primary and secondary transformers, HVAC control systems, lighting and power distribution, telecommunication systems, motor control centers and life safety equipment
- Domestic hot and cold-water systems, heating and hot water tanks, waste systems, all piping heating, chilled water, sprinkler risers, sprinkler distribution, washroom facilities and storm drainage
- Minimum of a 4th Class Power Engineering ABSA Certification; 3rd Class preferred
- 10+ years experience operating large commercial office buildings
- 5+ years of successful supervision and management of operations and maintenance teams
- Must have a high-level knowledge of Building Automations Systems (BAS)
- Knowledge of Municipal, Provincial and National codes and regulations
- Superior listening, customer service and teamwork skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a high level of professionalism and a demonstrated ability to speak and adapt to various audiences
- Excellent verbal and written communication and strong presentation skills
- An organized self-starter with excellent time management skills and an ability to manage competing priorities
- Honesty and integrity combined with a high level of initiative and dedication
- Excellent planning, organization and problem-solving skills
- Successful police criminal record check and education check
This position was posted on August 1, 2019 and will remain open until a suitable candidate is selected.
Thank you for your interest in Aspen. Please note only those selected for an interview will be contacted.