Operations Administrator | Calgary
Competition Number: OA/Cal
The Operations Administrator is responsible for providing portfolio administrative support for building operations, major capital projects, project management and security operations.
Regular work hours are Monday to Friday 8:30am to 5:00pm. The Operations Administrator will report directly to the General Manager, Operations and is located in Calgary.
- Provide administrative support to the General Manager, Operations; the Project Manager; and portfolio operations including building operations, capital and project management and security operations
- Prepare and distribute correspondence
- Prepare and distribute various operational reports
- Support budgeted project accountabilities including management of deadlines, tracking, execution and reconciliation
- Create project funding requests (Expenditure Approval Forms – EAFs)
- Create pre-qualification documents and bid proposal correspondence in relation to Aspen’s Request For Proposal (RFP) requirements
- Maintain tenant and/or contractor relationships through appropriate and timely communication
- Effectively resolve tenant concerns by ensuring effective corrections or adjustments are made following a tenant service request; follow up to ensure resolution
- Support and research key information for annual budgeting process
- Coordinate and source suppliers and issue approved purchase orders
- Attend regular internal and external meetings and take minutes to be distributed to attendees
- Understand and interpret contractual language and maintain current contract(s) documentation and requirements
- Interface and collaborate with other departments such as Legal, Leasing, Accounting
- Coordinate the updating and distribution of all emergency procedures including; handbooks, evacuation and emergency response plans and annual tenant training
- Update and maintain external business partner list including suppliers, contractors, sub-contractors and service providers
- Manage and maintain all filing and distribution including bid proposals, contracts, amendments, and supporting documents in both electronic and paper formats
- Conduct janitorial and Health and Safety inspections to ensure maintenance of Aspen standards
- Ensure all vendors and contractors comply with established Health and Safety policies and immediately report any infractions, hazardous conditions or damaged equipment
- Prepare contract documents in collaboration with other internal departments
- Order uniforms for internal Aspen staff as required
- Assist with the arrangement and coordination of special projects as required
- Provide support and back up to Reception as required
- Other duties as assigned by the General Manager, Operations and Project Manager
- 4+ years commercial real estate administrative experience with large operations’ departments and managers
- Completion of post-secondary education program is required
- Related industry or trade certificate (RPA, FMA) is preferred
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft office products i.e. Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint including creating and manipulating spreadsheets is required
- Demonstrated experience in contract management is required
- Strong team player with superior customer service skills
- Reliability and punctuality are key to success in this role
- High standards of professionalism and confidentiality
- Essential organizational skills, ability to meet multiple and tight deadlines, with superior attention to detail in high volume environments
- Demonstrated ability to anticipate needs and work ahead where possible
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and team-oriented environment with a variety of professional backgrounds both internal and external
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally, verbally and in writing
- A high level of self-awareness and ability to exercise sound business judgment
- Honesty and integrity combined with a high level of initiative and dedication
- Successful City of Calgary Police Information/Criminal Record Check and Education Verification
At Aspen our Vision is to remain a highly respected boutique real estate company and employer of choice. We will continuously earn exceptional returns by adding value through ownership, management and development opportunities.
Through our Purpose, Aspen Properties is passionate about creating value for our team and community and we pride ourselves on our Core Values; Respect, Leadership, Integrity, Service Excellence and Teamwork.
We offer a dynamic opportunity with an excellent compensation and benefits program. We are a fun and professional environment that promotes and rewards learning, development and success!
We are pleased to announce that we have an immediate opening for a team and service oriented individual to fill an Operations Administrator role in Calgary.
This is a fantastic opportunity and if you or someone you know are a match for the qualifications above, please have them submit their resumes to the Human Resources Manager at email@example.com.
You’ll find a full listing and description for this and other Aspen positions currently available at http://aspenproperties.ca/careers/postings/.
This position was posted on March 28, 2017 and will remain open until a suitable candidate is selected. Thank you for your interest in Aspen. Please note only those selected for an interview will be contacted.