Maintenance Technician, Palliser Portfolio | Calgary, AB
Competition Number: MTech/Cal
The Maintenance Technician will report to the Chief Engineer and be responsible for front line tenant interaction and assisting with general property operations.
Regular work hours are Monday to Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. with some scheduled after-hours work required.
- Responds to general carpentry (drywall, floor tiles, etc.) calls as generated from the Service Centre
- Responds to doors, general plumbing, light and maintenance calls as generated by the Service Centre
- Provides backup to other members of the crew with trouble and problem investigations and solutions, and assist with investigative projects related to other building systems
- Carries out filter changes as required in conjunction with an Operator (includes disposal of used filters and vacuuming of fan plenums, mostly carried out after hours)
- Purchasing and maintaining an inventory of plumbing, lighting and shop supplies for Building Operations staff
- Responds to troubleshooting, minor repairs, tenant requests, within the scope of ability
- Assists with investigative projects within the scope of ability
- Assists as required and as available in minor and major repairs to facilities within our buildings
- Additional duties as assigned by the Chief Engineers, such as, but not limited to:
- Mechanical room cleaning
- Assisting Building Operators with equipment repairs
- Assist Building Operators in the Aspen Calgary portfolio as required
- Minimum High school diploma
- 3 years of maintenance/repair background
- Prior experience in a commercial real estate environment preferred
- General handyman and carpentry skills
- General drywall and door repair/installation skills
- Locksmith knowledge would be an asset
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Honesty and Integrity
- Successful City of Calgary Police Information/Criminal Record Check
- Superior customer service skills
- Strong, effective and professional written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work cohesively in a team environment and develop and sustain cooperative working relationships with employees, contractors, tenants and the public
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to handle multiple demands with competing priorities, work under pressure and manage tight deadlines
- Excellent planning, organizational, analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to develop and adapt to new ideas and constant changes
- Honesty and integrity combined with a high level of initiative and dedication
At Aspen our Vision is to remain a highly respected boutique real estate company and employer of choice. We will continuously earn exceptional returns by adding value through ownership, management and development opportunities.
Through our Purpose, Aspen Properties is passionate about creating value for our team and community and we pride ourselves on our Core Values; Respect, Leadership, Integrity, Service Excellence and Teamwork.
We offer a dynamic opportunity with an excellent compensation and benefits program. We are a fun and professional environment that promotes and rewards learning, development and success!
We are pleased to announce that we have an opening for a team and service oriented individual to fill a Maintenance Technician role in Calgary, Alberta.
This is a fantastic opportunity and if you or someone you know are a match for the qualifications above, please have them submit their resumes to the Human Resources Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This position was posted on August 27, 2018 and will remain open until a suitable candidate is selected. Thank you for your interest in Aspen. Please note only those selected for an interview will be contacted.