Junior Building Operator | Calgary
Competition Number: JBO/Cal
The Junior Building Operator will report to the Chief Engineer, be supervised by the Senior Building Operator of The Edison and work closely with other members of the operations team. The Junior Building Operator will be responsible for assisting with maintaining the operating systems for The Edison (150-9th Avenue SW) consisting of over 440,000 sq. ft., in downtown Calgary.
Regular work hours are Monday to Friday 8:00am to 4:30pm with some scheduled after-hours work required.
- Respond to light out calls as generated from the Service Centre
- Respond to washroom trouble calls as generated by the Service Centre
- Carry out vacant space checks in area of responsibility
- Carry out regular light out checks in area of assigned responsibility
- Carry out regular washroom inspections as scheduled within the preventative maintenance software
- Carry out filter changes as required in conjunction with another Operator (includes disposal of used filters and vacuuming of fan plenums, mostly carried out after hours)
- Respond to troubleshooting, minor repairs, tenant requests
- Assist with investigative projects within the scope of ability
- Assist as required and as available in minor and major repairs to equipment within the building
- Additional duties as assigned by the Chief Engineer
- High school diploma with completion of, or willing to working towards, the ABSA 5th Class Power Engineering certificate
- Maintenance / repair background in a high rise commercial setting would be an asset
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Successful City of Calgary Police Information/Criminal Record Check and Education Check
- Superior customer service skills
- Strong, effective and professional written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work cohesively in a team environment and develop and sustain cooperative working relationships with contractors, tenants and the public
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to handle multiple demands with competing priorities, work under pressure and manage tight deadlines
- Excellent planning, organizational, analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to develop and adapt to new ideas and constant changes
- Honesty and integrity combined with a high level of initiative and dedication
At Aspen our Vision is to remain a highly respected boutique real estate company and employer of choice. We will continuously earn exceptional returns by adding value through ownership, management and development opportunities.
Through our Purpose, Aspen Properties is passionate about creating value for our team and community and we pride ourselves on our Core Values; Respect, Leadership, Integrity, Service Excellence and Teamwork.
We offer a dynamic opportunity with an excellent compensation and benefits program. We are a fun and professional environment that promotes and rewards learning, development and success!
We are pleased to announce that we have an immediate opening for a team and service oriented individual to fill a Junior Building Operator position in Calgary.
This is a fantastic opportunity and if you or someone you know are a match for the qualifications above, please have them submit their resumes to the Human Resources Manager at email@example.com.
You’ll find a full listing and description for this and other Aspen positions currently available at http://aspenproperties.ca/careers/postings/.
This position was posted on September 15, 2017 and will remain open until a suitable candidate is selected. Thank you for your interest in Aspen. Please note only those selected for an interview will be contacted.