Help Desk Analyst | Calgary
Competition Number: HD/Cal
The candidate will be responsible for providing user support to employees as well as basic system administration and network troubleshooting.
This position reports directly to the Vice President, Financial Reporting & Corporate Services and is supervised by the Systems Administrator, and is located in Calgary.
- Receive, prioritize, document, and actively resolve end user requests through a helpdesk database.
- Provide technical assistance to end users via phone, instant message, in person, and remote administration software.
- Manage the needs and expectations of users to ensure excellent customer service is maintained at all times.
- Conduct basic Active Directory work such as new user creation, account unlocking, etc.
- Install, configure, test, maintain, monitor and troubleshoot workstations, mobility devices, printers, and peripherals.
- Install, test, and manage licensed software, hotfixes, patches, and antivirus.
- Assist in the maintenance, tracking, and lifecycle management of IT assets.
- Assist in department documentation by providing necessary information to the Systems Administrator as well as developing new documentation.
- Identify problematic trends within the company and propose solutions to prevent future occurrences.
- Coordinate with department managers and Systems Administrator to assess departmental application training needs and objectives.
- Participate in department projects such as software & hardware rollouts, network infrastructure implementation, user training classes, etc.
- Provide support for the testing of new and existing software applications under development or consideration for purchase.
- Conduct research into software applications products and services in support of development and purchasing efforts.
- Additional duties and projects as assigned.
- Four+ years of work experience in a help desk support role
- Post-secondary education program in computer science or related field is required
- Excellent problem-solving, communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent time management skills
- The ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Thorough understanding of corporate desktop environments containing Windows operating systems.
- Basic understanding of TCP/IP networking and related problems (DHCP, DNS, etc.)
- Wireless network experience. Cloud managed Meraki experience an asset.
- Mobility device experience configuring and troubleshooting Apple & Android platforms
- In-depth Windows 7 to 10 configuration and troubleshooting experience
- In-depth Microsoft Office 365 configuration and troubleshooting experience
- VoIP phone system experience. Microsoft Skype for Business experience an asset.
- Successful City of Calgary Police Information/Criminal Record Check and Education Verification
At Aspen our Vision is to remain a highly respected boutique real estate company and employer of choice. We will continuously earn exceptional returns by adding value through ownership, management and development opportunities.
Through our Purpose, Aspen Properties is passionate about creating value for our team and community and we pride ourselves on our Core Values; Respect, Leadership, Integrity, Service Excellence and Teamwork.
We offer a dynamic opportunity with an excellent compensation and benefits program. We are a fun and professional environment that promotes and rewards learning, development and success!
We are pleased to announce that we have an immediate opening for a team and service oriented individual to fill a Help Desk Analyst position in Calgary.
This is a fantastic opportunity and if you or someone you know are a match for the qualifications above, please have them submit their resumes to the Human Resources Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You’ll find a full listing and description for this and other Aspen positions currently available at http://aspenproperties.ca/careers/postings/.
This position was posted on June 7, 2017 and will remain open until a suitable candidate is selected. Thank you for your interest in Aspen. Please note only those selected for an interview will be contacted.