Graphic Designer & Marketing Coordinator | Maternity Leave 15 Month Contract | Calgary, AB
Competition Number: GDMC/Cal
This position reports directly to the General Manager, Calgary Tower & Co-Working and provides graphic design and marketing support to Aspen Properties and the Calgary Tower.
Regular work hours are Monday to Friday 8:30 am to 5:00 pm.
- Leads the development and maintenance of visual identity standards for both Aspen Properties and the Calgary Tower
- Delivers on company requirements for graphic and layout creations in print, web and digital
- Partners with internal and external team members to understand needs and gather information to create and design:
- Internal and external communication materials: tourism and leasing collateral including but not limited to image development, proposal development, submissions, logos, newsletters, brochures, maps, advertisements, invites, signage, posters, external websites and presentations
- Special event communication for tenant, broker, Calgary Tower and employee events
- Coordination and content creation for Calgary Tower and Aspen Properties video walls, website, and social media
- Provides the most effective design approach in accordance with budget and time considerations
- Maintains current technical knowledge through workshops, review of professional publications and participation in professional events and associations
- Completes all hardcopy and electronic proof approvals and relevant press checks
- Works collaboratively in a team focused department, while also excelling on independent projects
- Proof reading, researching, writing and copy editing as required
- Oversees the development and execution of marketing plans, programs and guidelines for projects, initiatives and product launches, while ensuring alignment with the corporate strategy
- Oversees the social media strategy to ensure it is in alignment with Aspen Properties and Calgary Tower brand strategy and vision
- Special projects and other duties as required
- Portfolio required
- University degree or College diploma in Graphic Design, Multimedia Design, Marketing, or equivalent combination is required
- 2+ years Graphic Design experience with a strong proficiency in Creative Cloud - Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, Acrobat, Premier Pro, and After Effects
- 2+ years of marketing and content creation experience preferred
- Strong proficiency in Content Management Systems including WordPress and SilverStripe
- Familiarity with CSS, and HTML
- Social media experience including YouTube, Twitter, Instagram and Facebook
- Exceptional writing and editing skills, as well as the ability to tailor the style, tone, and voice to represent our various lines of business and differing content
- Excellent organizational skills to work independently and manage projects with many moving parts and tight deadlines
- Superior customer service skills
- Honesty and integrity combined with a high level of initiative and dedication
- Successful City of Calgary Police Check and Educational Check
At Aspen our Vision is to remain a highly respected boutique real estate company and employer of choice. We will continuously earn exceptional returns by adding value through ownership, management and development opportunities.
Through our Purpose, Aspen Properties is passionate about creating value for our team and community and we pride ourselves on our Core Values; Respect, Leadership, Integrity, Service Excellence and Teamwork.
We offer a dynamic opportunity with an excellent compensation and benefits program. We are a fun and professional environment that promotes and rewards learning, development and success!
We are pleased to announce that we have an opening for a team and service oriented individual to fill a Graphic Designer and Marketing Coordinator role in Calgary, Alberta.
This is a fantastic opportunity and if you or someone you know are a match for the qualifications above, please have them submit their resumes to the Human Resources Manager at email@example.com.
This position was posted on January 14, 2019 and will remain open until a suitable candidate is selected. Thank you for your interest in Aspen. Please note only those selected for an interview will be contacted.