Events Coordinator | Calgary, AB
Competition Number: EC/Cal
The Events Coordinator will collaborate with and provide support to the Leasing and Property Management teams, and the Co-Working (Campus) team of Aspen Properties with community, tenant and corporate events.
Regular work hours are generally Monday to Friday 8:00am to 4:30pm however may require the schedule to be altered to accommodate event timing.
- Works in conjunction with leasing and property management to develop promotions which will maximize revenue and support the overall corporate strategy of connecting tenants and increasing engagement from occupants throughout the portfolio
- Supervise and assist with all event operations and requirements
- Coordinate with vendors, exhibitors and stakeholders during event planning
- Ensure setup requirements are met, including AV requirements, agenda preparation and any ancillary materials
- Offer solutions to resolve problems in a timely manner
- Responsible for assisting with event tear down needs and follow-ups
- Work with vendors on behalf of external and internal customers
- Establish standardized event procedures and train staff to properly execute them
- Assist with budget preparation and management
- Plan and organize events in accordance with financial and time restraints including developing and adhering to event budgets to avoid project overruns, tracking the overall event expenses regularly
- Analyze event results and key performance areas and identify items to work on for future events
- Creates and develops marketing/promotional programs to attract tenants and drive sales
- Create and distribute event listing pages on social media websites
- Work with internal partners and external agencies to strengthen the marketing potential specific to a property or multiple properties.
- Electronically communicate company materials on behalf of Aspen
- Prepare and proofread correspondence including memos, letters and reports
- Work with the managing team to provide service excellence to internal and external customers
- Capable of working with internal and external teams and partners
- Maintain on-site electronic filing systems
- Ability to work under strict deadlines
- Campus specific duties:
- Campus related events and administrative assistance as above plus;
- Work with Campus team to increase occupancy within the coworking spaces including physically working from the various Campus spaces on a part time basis
- Assist in ensuring all Campus related business is completed to a high standard
- Other duties as required
- University degree or college diploma preferred
- ProServe certification an asset
- Customer Service and event planning experience required
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office products including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Superior listening, customer service and teamwork skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a high level of professionalism and a demonstrated ability to speak and adapt to various audiences
- Exceptional organizational and multitasking skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication and strong presentation skills
- An organized self-starter with excellent time management skills and an ability to manage competing priorities
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on the company’s success
- Honesty and integrity combined with a high level of initiative and dedication
- Excellent planning, organization and problem-solving skills
- Successful City of Calgary Police Information/Criminal Record Check and Educational Check
At Aspen our Vision is to remain a highly respected boutique real estate company and employer of choice. We will continuously earn exceptional returns by adding value through ownership, management and development opportunities.
Through our Purpose, Aspen Properties is passionate about creating value for our team and community and we pride ourselves on our Core Values; Respect, Leadership, Integrity, Service Excellence and Teamwork.
We offer a dynamic opportunity with an excellent compensation and benefits program. We are a fun and professional environment that promotes and rewards learning, development and success!
We are pleased to announce that we have an opening for a team and service oriented individual to fill an Event Coordinator role in Calgary, Alberta.
This is a fantastic opportunity and if you or someone you know are a match for the qualifications above, please have them submit their resumes to the Human Resources Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This position was posted on January 14, 2019 and will remain open until a suitable candidate is selected. Thank you for your interest in Aspen. Please note only those selected for an interview will be contacted.