Chief Engineer | Calgary, AB
Competition Number: CE/Cal
This position reports to the Senior Property Manager, and is responsible for all base building system operations, and management of building operations staff within The Edison, 333-11th Avenue SW, 444-5th Avenue SW and Northland Place. This position will have a ‘dotted line’ reporting relationship to the Operations Manager, Calgary, and will work closely with the entire operations team to ensure a consistent level of service throughout the Calgary portfolio.
- Manage mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems in each property
- Manage, mentor and administer the operations staff (performance, on-call schedules, safety programs, etc.).
- Supervise mechanical, electrical and any other contractors on site
- Assist the Project Manager and Senior Property Manager in the preparation of specifications and tendering documents, as well as review of any construction plans affecting base building systems
- Assist with construction and tenant renovation projects as required
- Coordinate with Operations Manager, Calgary, to ensure all equipment preventative maintenance is scheduled and completed
- Ensure tenant service calls are looked after quickly and efficiently
- Promote owner/tenant goodwill by checking requisitions and work orders to ensure corrective action has been taken
- In conjunction with the Building Operators, monitor and maintain all building tools and equipment
- Set timelines to ensure all building projects are completed on time
- Assist the Senior Property Manager in preparation of budgets and management thereof
- Track and analyze electrical, fuel, water consumption, and utility costs, and implement consumption saving initiatives at each property
- Understand thoroughly all life safety equipment operations and procedures and in conjunction with the Operations Manager, Calgary, ensure that is fully maintained and operational within legislative requirements
- Experienced in working with Direct Digital / Pneumatic Control systems
- Support the operations team regarding trouble and problem investigations and solutions
- Assist with projects related to investigating the efficiencies of building equipment, HVAC and electrical systems and their operating parameters
- Conduct capital project feasibility studies related to the base building infrastructure of each property
- Work with Senior Property Manager and Operations Manager, Calgary, to plan and manage capital projects
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum of a 4th Class Power Engineering ABSA Certification
- 10+ years experience operating large commercial office buildings
- Additional education related to industry (RPA, FMA, SMA), and a trade ticket would also be an asset
- Minimum of 2 years staff management / supervisory experience
- Strong leadership and managerial skills along with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- High level of Building Automated Control System training and knowledge
- Above average Microsoft Office Suite and administrative skills
- Knowledge of local codes and regulations
- Proficiency in budgeting process, procedures, and variance reporting
- An organized self-starter with excellent time-management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with employees, tenants, senior management and ability to deal with the public
- Successful police criminal record check and education check
At Aspen our Vision is to remain a highly respected boutique real estate company and employer of choice. We will continuously earn exceptional returns by adding value through ownership, management and development opportunities.
Through our Purpose, Aspen Properties is passionate about creating value for our team and community and we pride ourselves on our Core Values; Respect, Leadership, Integrity, Service Excellence and Teamwork.
We offer a dynamic, fun and professional environment that promotes and rewards learning, development and success!
This is a fantastic opportunity and if you or someone you know are a match for the qualifications above, please have them submit their resumes to the Human Resources Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This position was posted on April 6, 2018 and will remain open until a suitable candidate is selected. Thank you for your interest in Aspen. Please note only those selected for an interview will be contacted.