Building Operator | Edmonton
Competition Number: BOP/Edm
At Aspen our Vision is to remain a highly respected boutique real estate company and employer of choice. We will continue to earn exceptional returns by adding value through ownership, management and development opportunities.
Through our Purpose, Aspen Properties is passionate about creating value for our team and community. We pride ourselves on our Core Values; Respect, Leadership, Integrity, Service Excellence and Teamwork. Through the core values, our employees are committed to a culture of honesty, open communication and accountability with high standards of professional and ethical conduct.
We offer a dynamic opportunity, with an excellent compensation and benefits program. We are a fun and professional environment that promotes and rewards learning, development and success.
We are pleased to announce we have an immediate opening for a team and service-oriented individual to fill a Building Operator role based in Edmonton.
This is a fantastic opportunity and if you, or someone you know, are a match for the qualifications below please submit resumes to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You’ll find a full listing and description for this and other Aspen positions currently available at www.aspenproperties.ca.
Thank you for your interest in the Aspen team.
This position reports to the Operations Manager and is responsible for all base building system operations within Bell Tower. This position will work closely with the entire operations team to ensure a consistent level of service throughout the Edmonton portfolio.
- Assist the operations manager with sourcing competitive contractor quotes, filling out PO’s and filing documents as per Aspen standards.
- Supervise mechanical, electrical and any other contractors on site
- Assist in the preparation of specifications and tendering documents, as well as review of any construction plans affecting base building systems
- Assist with construction and tenant renovation projects as required
- Understand thoroughly all life safety equipment operations and procedures and in conjunction with the Operations Manager, ensure that is fully maintained and operational within legislative requirements
- Track and analyze electrical, fuel, water consumption, and utility costs, to assist in consumption saving initiatives at each property
- Troubleshooting of Building Automated Control and Pneumatic Control systems
- Coordinate with operations staff, to ensure all equipment preventative maintenance is scheduled and completed
- Ensure all building equipment is operating efficiently including setting up system trend logs to be regularly reviewed to ensure effective operation of all equipment
- Promote owner/tenant goodwill by checking tenant requests and work orders to ensure corrective action has been taken
- Assist with projects related to investigating the efficiencies of building equipment, HVAC and electrical systems and their operating parameters
- Participate in the after hours on-call rotation
- Work with Operations Manager to assist in the preparation of budgets and assist with the management of capital projects
- Support and mentor the maintenance team when investigating tenant and building concerns to find potential solutions
- Perform water treatment testing and analysis, adjust and modify chemical feed to ensure proper levels are being maintained.
- In conjunction with maintenance staff, monitor and maintain all building tools and equipment
- Other duties as assigned
- 5th higher Class Power Engineering ABSA Certification
- 5+ years’ experience operating large commercial office buildings
- Strong leadership skills along with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- An organized self-starter with excellent time-management skills
- High level of Building Automated Control System knowledge
- Above average Microsoft Office Suite and administrative skills
- Proficiency in budgeting process, procedures
- Ability to work under pressure, dealing with multiple issues and deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills with employees, tenants, senior management and ability to deal with the public
- Successful police criminal record check and education check