Building Operator | Calgary, AB
Competition Number: BOp/Cal
The Building Operator will report directly to the Chief Engineer, under the supervision of the Assistant Chief Engineer and have responsibility for establishing positive relationships with Tenants and maintaining the operating systems for Palliser Complex.
Regular work hours are Monday to Friday 8:00am to 4:30pm with some scheduled after-hours work required. Hours may vary and there is a rotating on call component required.
- Supervise all trades and services required and liaise with the tenants at the property in the best interest of the owner
- Responsibility for and performance of all tasks related to the Building Operator, including but not limited to, work generated from Preventative Maintenance system, Tenant Service system, and Unscheduled Maintenance system
- Suggestions, recommendations, and implementation of improvements, alterations, upgrade, or replacement equipment or systems within Palliser Complex
- Provide backup to other members of the crew with trouble and problem investigations and solutions and assist with investigative projects related to other building equipment, systems, and operating parameters
- Other duties as assigned by the Chief Engineer and Assistant Chief Engineer from time to time based on needs, training, knowledge, and capabilities
- Be familiar with all aspects of the mechanical and electrical operation of the building and operate equipment in a safe and efficient manner at all times
- Carry out repairs to all HVAC systems within the capacity of your abilities
- Supervise and coordinate contractors and projects as assigned per approved budgets
- Maintain maintenance and daily logs of all equipment
- Liaise with tenant’s sub-contractors as required
- Respond to and complete all Tenant requests from the Service Centre in an acceptable time frame
- Be responsible for the appearance of the property and the safety and convenience of the tenants at all times
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Be available for on-call duty, scheduled after hours maintenance and shift work as required
- High school diploma or post-secondary education supplemented with a minimum 5th Class ABSA Power Engineering Certification (4th Class, or working towards, would be considered an asset)
- 5+ years related experience in all areas of building operations, including HVAC systems, and computer based preventative maintenance systems
- Building automation systems experience an asset
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
- Successful City of Calgary Police Information/Criminal Record Check and Education Check
- Superior customer service skills
- Strong, effective and professional written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Ability to work cohesively in a team environment and develop and sustain cooperative working relationships with contractors, tenants and the public
- Ability to allocate one's time effectively in a fast pace environment
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to handle multiple demands with competing priorities, work under pressure and manage tight deadlines
- Excellent planning, organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to develop and adapt to new ideas and constant changes
- An organized self-starter with the ability to work with minimum direction
- Honesty and integrity combined with a high level of initiative and dedication
At Aspen our Vision is to remain a highly respected boutique real estate company and employer of choice. We will continuously earn exceptional returns by adding value through ownership, management and development opportunities.
Through our Purpose, Aspen Properties is passionate about creating value for our team and community and we pride ourselves on our Core Values; Respect, Leadership, Integrity, Service Excellence and Teamwork.
We offer a dynamic opportunity with an excellent compensation and benefits program. We are a fun and professional environment that promotes and rewards learning, development and success!
We are pleased to announce that we have an opening for a team and service oriented individual to fill a Building Operator role in Calgary, Alberta.
This is a fantastic opportunity and if you or someone you know are a match for the qualifications above, please have them submit their resumes to the Human Resources Manager at email@example.com.
This position was posted on June 1, 2018 and will remain open until a suitable candidate is selected. Thank you for your interest in Aspen. Please note only those selected for an interview will be contacted.