Building Operator - Palliser Complex | Calgary
Competition Number: BoPal/Calg
At Aspen our Vision is to remain a highly respected boutique real estate company and employer of choice. We will continue to earn exceptional returns by adding value through ownership, management and development opportunities.
Through our Purpose, Aspen Properties is passionate about creating value for our team and community. We pride ourselves on our Core Values; Respect, Leadership, Integrity, Service Excellence and Teamwork. Through the core values, our employees are committed to a culture of honesty, open communication and accountability with high standards of professional and ethical conduct.
We offer a dynamic opportunity, with an excellent compensation and benefits program. We are a fun and professional environment that promotes and rewards learning, development and success.
We are pleased to announce we have an immediate opening for a team and service-oriented individual to fill a Building Operator role based in Calgary.
This is a fantastic opportunity and if you, or someone you know, are a match for the qualifications below please submit resumes to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You’ll find a full listing and description for this and other Aspen positions currently available at www.aspenproperties.ca.
Thank you for your interest in the Aspen team.
The Building Operator will have responsibility for creating and maintaining positive relationships with Tenants and maintaining the operating systems for the Palliser Square property complex, consisting of over 1,000,000 sq. ft., in downtown Calgary.
Hours will vary, depending on scheduled shift, and there is a rotating on call component required. The position will report directly to the Operations Supervisor, under the supervision of the Operations Manager.
- Supervise all trades and services required and liaise with the tenants at the property in the best interest of the owner
- Responsibility for and performance of all tasks related to the Building Operator, including but not limited to, work generated from Preventative Maintenance system, Tenant Service system, and Unscheduled Maintenance system.
- Suggestions, recommendations, and implementation of improvements, alterations, upgrade, or replacement equipment or systems within Palliser Square.
- Provide backup to other members of the crew with trouble and problem investigations and solutions and assist with investigative projects related to other building equipment, systems, and operating parameters.
- Other duties as assigned by the Operations Supervisor from time to time based on needs, training, knowledge, and capabilities.
- Familiarity with all aspects of the mechanical and electrical operation of the building and operate equipment in a safe and efficient manner at all times
- Carry out repairs to all HVAC systems within the capacity of your abilities
- Supervise and coordinate contractors and projects as assigned
- Maintain maintenance and daily logs of all equipment
- Liaise with tenant’s sub-contractors as required
- Respond to and complete in an acceptable time frame all Tenant requests from the Service Centre
- Responsibility for the appearance of the property and the safety and convenience of the tenants at all times.
- Availability for on-call duty and shift work as required.
- High school diploma or post-secondary education
- 4th Class Power Engineering ABSA Certification an asset, minimum 5th class
- 5+ years related experience in all areas of building operations, including HVAC systems, and computer based preventative maintenance systems;
- Delta Controls Automation experience would be an asset
- Experience with steam boilers and systems would be an asset
- Good understanding of Microsoft Office applications
- Successful City of Calgary Police Information/Criminal Record Check and Educational Check
- Superior customer service skills
- Strong, effective and professional written and verbal communication skills
- Honesty and integrity combined with a high level of initiative and dedication
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Ability to work cohesively in a team environment and develop and sustain cooperative working relationships with contractors, tenants and the public
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to handle multiple demands with competing priorities, work under pressure and manage tight deadlines
- Excellent planning, organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to develop and adapt to new ideas and constant changes
This position was posted on October 7, 2019 and will remain open until a suitable candidate is selected.
Thank you for your interest in Aspen. Please note only those selected for an interview will be contacted.