Assistant Chief Engineer | Calgary, AB
Competition Number: ACE/Cal
This position reports to the Chief Engineer, Palliser Portfolio, and is responsible for assisting in the management of building operations for the Palliser Portfolio.
Regular work hours are Monday to Friday 8:00am to 4:30pm. Hours may vary and there is a potential, after-hours on call component, if required.
- Incorporate Aspen’s R-LIST in day to day activities and interactions
- Assist the Chief Engineer in day-to-day duties
- Ensure the mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems are properly maintained
- Assist in the management and mentoring of the operations and maintenance staff (on-call schedules, safety programs, etc.)
- Supervise and direct contractors
- Provide backup to other members of the team with trouble and problem investigations and solutions, and assist with investigative projects related to other building equipment, systems, and operating parameters as well as electrical
- Keep the Chief Engineer informed on equipment maintenance and operating procedures
- Provide supervision and mentoring to all operations and maintenance staff
- Communicate effectively within a team focused environment
- Coordinate preventive maintenance in order to minimize failure of equipment. Ensure PM system is kept up to date and tasks are completed
- Manage projects to ensure they are completed on time
- Maintain records, blue prints and files (purchasing, supply inventory)
- Assist in the preparation of budgets and adhering to budget costs. Create PO’s for approval
- Conduct regular inspections of all building systems and procedures
- Assist in the monitoring of utility consumption
- Be knowledgeable with and ensure compliance with all safety codes
- Understand thoroughly all life safety equipment operations and procedures
- Provide monthly operations summaries for individual properties in the portfolio
- Assist Chief Engineer with coordination of weekly scheduling of the team and assignment coverage of areas when required
- Possess high level of knowledge related to HVAC Systems, and Direct Digital / Pneumatic Control systems
- Attend Tenant meetings as requested
- Other duties and projects as assigned by Chief Engineer / Operations Manager
- High school diploma or post-secondary education supplemented with a minimum 4th Class ABSA Power Engineering Certification (3rd Class, or working towards, would be considered an asset)
- 5+ years related experience in all areas of building operations, including HVAC systems, and computer based preventative maintenance systems, with 1-3 years minimum in a supervisory position
- Building automation systems experience an asset
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
- Successful City of Calgary Police Information/Criminal Record Check and Education Check
- Superior customer service skills
- Strong, effective and professional written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Ability to work cohesively in a team environment and develop and sustain cooperative working relationships with contractors, tenants and the public
- Ability to allocate one's time effectively in a fast pace environment
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to handle multiple demands with competing priorities, work under pressure and manage tight deadlines
- Excellent planning, organizational, analytical and problem-solving skill
- Ability to develop and adapt to new ideas and constant changes
- An organized self-starter with the ability to work with minimum direction
- Honesty and integrity combined with a high level of initiative and dedication
At Aspen our Vision is to remain a highly respected boutique real estate company and employer of choice. We will continuously earn exceptional returns by adding value through ownership, management and development opportunities.
Through our Purpose, Aspen Properties is passionate about creating value for our team and community and we pride ourselves on our Core Values; Respect, Leadership, Integrity, Service Excellence and Teamwork.
We offer a dynamic opportunity with an excellent compensation and benefits program. We are a fun and professional environment that promotes and rewards learning, development and success!
We are pleased to announce that we have an opening for a team and service oriented individual to fill a Assistant Chief Engineer role in Calgary, Alberta.
This is a fantastic opportunity and if you or someone you know are a match for the qualifications above, please have them submit their resumes to the Human Resources Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This position was posted on July 5, 2018 and will remain open until a suitable candidate is selected. Thank you for your interest in Aspen. Please note only those selected for an interview will be contacted.