Assistant Property Manager | Edmonton, AB
Competition Number: APM/Edm
Assistant Property Manager | Edmonton
At Aspen our Vision is to remain a highly respected boutique real estate company and employer of choice. We will continue to generate exceptional occupancy levels in our portfolio by adding value through ownership, management and redevelopment opportunities.
Through our Purpose, Aspen Properties is passionate about creating value for our team and community. We pride ourselves on our Core Values; Respect, Leadership, Integrity, Service Excellence and Teamwork. Through the Core Values, our employees are committed to a culture of respect, honesty, open communication and accountability with high standards of professional and ethical conduct.
We offer an engaging work environment with an excellent compensation and benefits program. Recognized as a leader in innovative management solutions for our assets, Aspen is always looking for talented people to join our high performance team.
There is a fantastic opportunity in our Edmonton operation. We have an immediate opening for a team and service oriented individual to fill an Assistant Property Manager role.
If you, or someone you know, are a match for the qualifications below please submit resumes to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You’ll find a full listing and description for this and other Aspen positions currently available at www.aspenproperties.ca.
Thank you for your interest in the Aspen team.
The Assistant Property Manager reports directly to the Property Manager and is responsible for assisting the Property Manager with the day-to-day operations of Bell Tower, the Bell Annex and MNP Tower.
Regular work hours are Monday to Friday 8:00am to 4:30pm. The Assistant Property Manager will report directly to the Property Manager.
- Participates in the development of property budgets and proposals for major capital renovations and in the monitoring and managing of tenant accounts
- Assists with Tenant Leasehold Improvement Allowance requests and coordinates payment
- Assists with budgeted and unbudgeted capital expenses through the approval/application of expenditure authorization forms
- Assists in the day to day support and management of the Receptionist/Administrative Assistant, Property Administrator and Concierge roles
- Participates in the development of the monthly and quarterly management reports
- Works with tenants and owners to resolve needs and concerns
- Assists with public relations in regards to the property
- Responds to the day to day needs of tenants and owners
- Coordinates tenant storage
- Oversees janitorial contract and conducts regular property inspections
- Oversees security contract and works to resolve needs and concerns
- Coordinates vacant space inspections and construction of vacant spaces, returns to base building.
- Conducts regular property deficiency inspections and coordinates repairs and maintenance
- Oversees recycling/organic program
- Coordinates and conducts tenant move out inspections
- Oversees the organization of tenant events and special projects
- Monitors tenant maintenance requests through online reporting
- Orders building operations and tenant services uniforms
- Assists with Human Resources administration including maintaining building operations overtime forms
- Prepares business tax assessment forms
- Oversees all tenant and building signage
- Coordinates BOMA BEST initiatives/submissions
- Coordinates Occupational Health and Safety initiatives and orders biohazard supplies when required
- Assists Property Manager and/or Vice President, Property Management & Operations with various duties as assigned
- 2 - 4 years of property management and administrative experience is required
- Experience in a commercial property management setting will be considered an asset
- Completion of a post-secondary education program is required
- Enrollment or interest in pursuing the Certified Property Manager (CPM) or Real Property Administrator (RPA) designation(s)
- Superior tenant and customer service skills
- Strong computer skills, including knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Superior oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Ability to exercise confidentiality
- Ability to allocate one's time effectively, work under pressure and manage tight deadlines
- Handle multiple demands and adapt to new ideas and constant changes
- An eye for detail and accuracy
- Strong organizational and teamwork skills
- Successful City of Edmonton Police Information/Criminal Record Check and Education Check
This position was posted on March 22, 2019 and will remain open until a suitable candidate is selected.
Thank you for your interest in Aspen. Please note only those selected for an interview will be contacted.