Assistant Property Manager | Edmonton
Competition Number: APM/Edm
The Assistant Property Manager reports directly to the Property Manager and is responsible for assisting the Property Manager with the day-to-day operations of Bell Tower, the Stantec II building and MNP Tower.
- Participates in the development of property budgets and proposals for major capital renovations and in the monitoring and managing of tenant accounts
- Assists with Tenant Leasehold Improvement Allowance requests and coordinates payment
- Assists with budgeted and unbudgeted capital expenses through the approval/application of expenditure authorization forms
- Assists in the day to day support and management of the Receptionist/Administrative Assistant, Property Administrator and Concierge roles
- Participates in the development of the monthly and quarterly management reports
- Works with tenants and owners to resolve needs and concerns
- Assists with public relations in regards to the property
- Responds to the day to day needs of tenants and owners
- Coordinates tenant storage
- Oversees janitorial contract and conducts regular property inspections
- Oversees security contract and works to resolve needs and concerns
- Coordinates vacant space inspections and construction of vacant spaces, returns to base building.
- Conducts regular property deficiency inspections and coordinates repairs and maintenance
- Oversees recycling/organic program
- Coordinates and conducts tenant move out inspections
- Oversees the organization of tenant events and special projects
- Monitors tenant maintenance requests through online reporting
- Orders building operations and tenant services uniforms
- Assists with Human Resources administration including maintaining building operations overtime forms and staff vacation forms
- Prepares business tax assessment forms
- Oversees all tenant and building signage
- Coordinates BOMA BEST initiatives/submissions
- Coordinates Occupational Health and Safety initiatives and orders biohazard supplies when required
- Assists Property Manager and/or Senior Director, Property Management & Operations with various duties as assigned
- 2 - 4 years of property management and administrative experience is required
- Experience in a commercial property management setting will be considered an asset
- Completion of a post-secondary education program is required
- Enrollment or interest in pursuing the Certified Property Manager (CPM) or Real Property Administrator (RPA) designation(s)
- Superior tenant and customer service skills
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Superior oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Ability to exercise confidentiality
- Ability to allocate one's time effectively, work under pressure and manage tight deadlines
- Handle multiple demands and adapt to new ideas and constant changes
- An eye for detail and accuracy
- Strong organizational and teamwork skills
- Successful City of Edmonton Police Information/Criminal Record Check and Education Check
At Aspen our Vision is to remain a highly respected boutique real estate company and employer of choice. We will continuously earn exceptional returns by adding value through ownership, management and development opportunities.
Through our Purpose, Aspen Properties is passionate about creating value for our team and community and we pride ourselves on our Core Values; Respect, Leadership, Integrity, Service Excellence and Teamwork.
We offer a dynamic opportunity with an excellent compensation and benefits program. We are a fun and professional environment that promotes and rewards learning, development and success!
We are pleased to announce that we have an immediate opening for a team and service oriented individual to fill a Assistant Property Manager position in Calgary.
This is a fantastic opportunity and if you or someone you know are a match for the qualifications above, please have them submit their resumes to the Human Resources Manager at email@example.com.
You’ll find a full listing and description for this and other Aspen positions currently available at http://aspenproperties.ca/careers/postings/.
This position was posted on September 21, 2017 and will remain open until a suitable candidate is selected. Thank you for your interest in Aspen. Please note only those selected for an interview will be contacted.