Assistant Property Manager - 16 Month Contract | Calgary
Competition Number: APM/Cal
The Assistant Property Manager reports directly to the Property Manager, and is responsible for assisting overseeing the day to day property management of the Palliser Complex. The Assistant Property Manager will work closely with the Property Manager and all other essential departments regarding the administration, maintenance, operation and improvement of the commercial property portfolio.
- Develops and maintains superior tenant-owner relations by responding in person when necessary or by phone/email to tenant concerns and requests for property management services
- Works with the Property Manager to clarify any issues, identify solutions, communicate needs to staff and provide follow up as necessary
- Assists in the day to day support of the Property Administrator and the Concierge positions, and collaborates with other internal staff to ensure efficient delivery of services and maintenance of the properties
- Ensures that properties are properly maintained and conducts physical property inspections
- Supports all tenant services programs to ensure tenant satisfaction and makes recommendations for enhancements or changes to existing processes and programs
- Works with the Property Administrator to coordinate tenant move ins/move outs including inspections
- Coordinates vacant space inspections and construction of vacant spaces, returns to base building.
- Conducts regular property deficiency inspections and coordinates repairs and maintenance
- Monitors tenant maintenance requests through online reporting
- Coordinates tenant storage
- Oversees janitorial contract and conducts regular property inspections
- Oversees recycling/organic program
- Oversees all tenant and building signage
- Supports and communicates the policies and procedures of Aspen
- Assists with public relations in regards to the property
- Participates in the development of the monthly and quarterly management reports
- Lease familiarity as it pertains to tenant occupancy
- Assists in managing budgeted expenses
- Assists in the development of property budgets and in the monitoring and management of tenant accounts
- Assists the Property Manager and team with special tenant events and other projects and duties as assigned
- A minimum of 4 years property management and administrative experience in a commercial property management setting is a requirement
- Completion of a post-secondary education program is a requirement
- Real Property Administrator (RPA) or other relevant certification in real estate is an asset
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Experience with multi-tenant portfolios is an asset
- Independent, self-starter and a committed team player
- Superior customer service and relationship building skills
- Strong problem solving and negotiating skills
- Superior communication skills both verbal and written, including advanced listening and presentation skills
- An ability to work effectively with a wide variety of people including owners, employees, tenants and contractors
- Diplomacy, patience, flexibility and adaptability
- Ability to exercise confidentiality
- Ability to allocate one’s time effectively, work under pressure and manage tight deadlines
- An eye for detail and accuracy
- Successful City of Calgary Police Information/Criminal Record Check and Education Verification
At Aspen our Vision is to remain a highly respected boutique real estate company and employer of choice. We will continuously earn exceptional returns by adding value through ownership, management and development opportunities.
Through our Purpose, Aspen Properties is passionate about creating value for our team and community and we pride ourselves on our Core Values; Respect, Leadership, Integrity, Service Excellence and Teamwork.
We offer a dynamic opportunity with an excellent compensation and benefits program. We are a fun and professional environment that promotes and rewards learning, development and success!
We are pleased to announce that we have an immediate opening for a team and service oriented individual to fill a 16 month maternity leave contract role as an Assistant Property Manager in Calgary.
This is a fantastic opportunity and if you or someone you know are a match for the qualifications above, please have them submit their resumes to the Human Resources Manager at email@example.com.
You’ll find a full listing and description for this and other Aspen positions currently available at http://aspenproperties.ca/careers/postings/.
This position was posted on April 4, 2017 and will remain open until a suitable candidate is selected. Thank you for your interest in Aspen. Please note only those selected for an interview will be contacted.