Accounting Assistant | Calgary
Competition Number: ACCAS/Calg
At Aspen our Vision is to remain a highly respected boutique real estate company and employer of choice. We will continue to earn exceptional returns by adding value through ownership, management and development opportunities.
Through our Purpose, Aspen Properties is passionate about creating value for our team and community. We pride ourselves on our Core Values; Respect, Leadership, Integrity, Service Excellence and Teamwork. Through the core values, our employees are committed to a culture of honesty, open communication and accountability with high standards of professional and ethical conduct.
We offer a dynamic opportunity, with an excellent compensation and benefits program. We are a fun and professional environment that promotes and rewards learning, development and success.
We are pleased to announce we have an immediate opening for a team and service oriented individual to fill an Accounting Assistant role in Calgary.
This is a fantastic opportunity and if you, or someone you know, are a match for the qualifications below please submit resumes to Human Resources at email@example.com.
You’ll find a full listing and description for this and other Aspen positions currently available at www.aspenproperties.ca.
Thank you for your interest in the Aspen team.
Reporting to the Controller, Corporate Reporting, the Accounting Assistant is responsible for assisting with various accounting tasks.
Regular hours of work are 8.00 a.m. to 4.30 p.m. Monday to Friday.
- Full cycle accounts payable including: matching POs, uploading invoices to PAYscan, data entry, coding, cheque runs and vendor reconciliations
- Liaise with vendors as required
- Prepare daily bank deposits
- Prepare Accounts Receivable reports for property managers
- Complete bank reconciliations
- Prepare journal entries when required
- Upload EFTs to online banking
- Assist in year-end procedures
- Other projects as requested
- 2-4 years accounts payable experience
- Accounting diploma or other accounting education is an asset
- An outgoing personality and a positive attitude
- Strong customer service skills, organizational and communication skills, both verbal and written
- The ability to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment is essential
- Accuracy and attention to detail is essential
- Proficient in Yardi software and Microsoft Excel
- Successful City of Calgary Police Information/Criminal Record Check
This position was posted on July 2, 2019 and will remain open until a suitable candidate is selected.
Thank you for your interest in Aspen. Please note only those selected for an interview will be contacted.